Monday, November 2, 2009

Over the weekend I was able to add two more technological tools into your child's arsenal. First of all I have registered with a site called spellingcity (there is a link on the side of this page). This site allows me to enter the spelling lists from our book for each unit. The students are then able to go to that site and search for our lists by teacher. The site will then teach the student how the word is pronounced, spelled, and use the word in a sentence. The site will also create many different kinds of spelling games using our specific list. It looks like this could be a neat tool.

I also was able to get the code for the on-line science book. This allows the students to access an on-line version of their text book. (Mrs. Neubauer has already given them the code for the Geography book.) There is a link on the side of this page for that as well. Your student was given the code today. It is also on the link on the side.

I learned about some interesting tools at conference last week as well. I will look to try out some of those as time allows. I will keep you updated.

No comments: