Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy Spelling Bee day! We are just about to go check out the spelling bee and see the class use their God given talents to praise him. (We are back, congrats to Austin C.)

As you may notice below I have posted two videos that we watched in class about George Orwell and life in Russia under Stalin. I think they will really help us out as we read Animal Farm. It is a pretty deep book and I hope it gets the students thinking. If you are interested in following along I do have additional copies of the book. Otherwise there are some good websites that offer summaries and analysis. I recommend Spark Notes http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/animalfarm/context.html I have used it before and liked it. I have recently also found a site called Grade Saver at http://www.gradesaver.com/animal-farm/study-guide/ I have not used it before but it looks pretty good. Of course these sites are not to be used by the students to skip doing their reading, but they may be of assistance.

We started a new art unit today. We will be working on perspective, trying to make pictures look more 3D.

Spelling: Unit 17 for Thursday, test Friday
Memory: Lesson 7 from the Christ Light book for next Friday
Math: pretest 11
Geo: worksheets and study guide for Monday
Music: Vivaldi worksheet for next Friday
Health: nothing
English: journals and outlines for research paper are due next week
CE: news quiz sheet for Monday
Science: quiz on Monday
Literature: read chapter 1 and fill out the questions in COMPLETE sentences
Art: done in class


No comments: