Thursday, November 20, 2008

Today we typed some tall tales. I hope to get some posted here for you to read. Unfortunately, due to a misunderstanding, we lost some of them when another class used the lab. I will see how many I can salvage. Keep an eye open for those, they should be fun. Tomorrow is The Wizard of Oz at WLA. In the afternoon we will finish Call of the Wild and work on our song for Dec 7th when we sing in church. I have posted our singing schedule at the bottom of the page.

The Science tests did not go as well (as a class) as I had hoped. While we had several A's there were some grades that were lower than I would like to see. It seems that not everyone is using the study guide. I strongly encourage using it. We also took a break from chapter 9 to review some of the key terms for chapter 8. We made a "mind map" of some of the key concepts. I gave the students two worksheets to review the vocabulary terms. I want to make sure we get these terms before we move on, and it should be an easy grade as well. I plan on getting the tests back to the students tomorrow.

Journals will be due tomorrow. I plan on making this our last journal entry. While the English series strongly recommends doing them, I do not think that what we are getting out of them, in most cases, is worth the amount of time that the students are putting into writing them and the time I am putting into reading them. Students are welcome and encouraged to keep writing on their own.

Geography: In book 2,3,5 wsh 85 and quiz for Monday
English: Journal "If I could pick any other time to live in I would pick _."
Science: wshs 15 and 18
Math: Set 48 evens for Monday
Algebra: 54 evens for Monday
Spelling: Test tomorrow first thing
Current Events: pp 2-5 and quiz
Health: No assignment

No comments: