Monday, November 24, 2008

Wow. Today has been a hectic one. Due to may factors I did not get to this at school before I needed to vacate the room for Pastor. Unfortunately I do not have the Math or Geography assignments here at home. I apologize for any inconvenience.

A good part of my day was spent going over last week's spelling test and memory treasures. While many students continued their excellent work, there were enough who did poorly that I felt some review and redo's were in order. Students either got a chance to improve their grade or get some extra work done. I'd call that a win/win for the students. Every full week we have memory on Thursday and spelling on Friday. It seems pretty clear that a few students are simply not preparing themselves sufficiently for these. Please encourage your student to keep at them. I am making some adjustments intended to reduce the amount of homework a student needs to bring home if they are faithfully using their time at school. This should open some more time t0 work on spelling and the study of God's word.

We started Red as in Russia, Measles, and Love in literature today. We read through the first two chapters in class. I hope, as time allows, to do more of this novel in class as a group.

English: ws 11-1
Literature: ws for ch's 1-2 for Wednesday. (We read the chapters in class.)
Health: None
Current Events: Read pp 2-5 and be ready for a quiz
Memory: Christmas service recitation for Wednesday

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great resource for you student's parents! I plan on "borrowing" some of your ideas for my class's blogsite. Thanks for your time and effort in keeping this up-to-date!