Tuesday, October 14, 2014

HI! I emailed the parent teacher conference schedule to everyone. I also plan to send a paper copy home today as well. Let me know if you don't get one. Your children are encouraged, but not required, to come to 7th grade conferences. I am basically booked solid so we will have to work hard on staying on time. (So don't get me started talking about my children or I'll never make it!) 

Today we took some more time to work on the Living History project. Remember that the rough draft is due on Monday. Just to clarify, I am looking at this rough draft to be as close to final as possible. It is often recommended that the first draft of a paper is all about getting the ideas on paper. You don't worry about punctuation and grammar and so on. That is great to do, but not what I am looking for on this. I plan to go through the papers fairly thoroughly and mark whatever I find that is incorrect or could be improved. Then I will give that back to the student to correct for their final copy that will be graded and on display for the Living History Night. So in that sense it might be more correct to think of this as the second or even third draft that gets handed in. As long as the students correct what I mark and work off of my suggestions, there shouldn't be any reason for them to get less than a B+ if not better on the final copy. 

CL: none
CE: none
Math: set 28 skip 16,18,2024,27
Science: notes on section 2 for tomorrow
English: LH paper
Lit: none (LH paper)
Geo: none (LH paper)
Memory: hymn 200 all vs for FRIDAY
Music: none (LH paper)
Vocab WS pages 57-59 are due for THURSDAY

No comments: