Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Hello, hello, hello! It's Wednesday again and another opportunity to praise the Lord at an Advent service tonight. I hope I saw you there! Today we tried something new. I gave a website called Nearpod a try. It lets me send a presentation to the students' Chromebooks and control which slide they are on. The students liked that they had it right in front of them so it didn't matter where they sat. Some also found it easier to focus just on the screen. The part I liked better was that I could ask them questions and have each of them type a response that I then got a few seconds later. It was a quick way to see if they were getting the idea. We will try it a few more lessons and see how we like it. There is a similar one I should try as well to compare. Exciting things to try out!

Our investigation for math that was due today did not go super well. It was designed to try and get the students to work on showing every step of the work. They would rather not, but based on the problems we keep getting wrong, we need to do it anyhow. We went over it today before our test and will try again tomorrow. Who would have thought showing your work and checking your answers would be so hard!

Memory: hymn 434 vs 1 Friday
CE: none
Music: theory sheets for Friday
English: ws 18-1 for TOMORROW
Lit: page 730 1-10 for TOMORROW
Science: none
Geo: page 542 5,6,7 for TOMORROW
Vocab: 153-154 for TOMORROW
Math: took a test
CL: none


No comments: