Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Hey all. I am working on getting the English rough drafts read for everyone. Just about done with the ones that were handed in and realized I almost forgot to blog! So, I suggest you find out what is so enticing that I almost didn't blog and ask your child to see their rough draft dialogue paper. I am finding many opportunities to review some punctuation rules in addition to the dialogue. During the day today, we took a math test. We also started trying to take the entire geography unit and break it down into its most important 15 things for us to remember. I challenged the students to be specific enough to have useful information, but general enough to be about more than one country. This should be a bit of a tough exercise for them. (If they say they are done already, they probably need to work more on their specific points.) This will be in place of a test, so we want to get it right. We also discussed the difference between a magnitude 1 and 3 on the Richter scale earthquake, and the difference between the Richter scale and the Mercalli scale.  Did you know the USGS has records of over 200 earthquakes just today? Check out the map HERE if you are as nerdy as me. (Is that even possible?)

Just know I got distracted by a toughy of a tech problem. I got it, but now there is almost no time before the email deadline!

Memory: hymn 313 1,2
CL: none
CE: none
English: none
Art: tomorrow!
Lit: finish the chapter for Tomorrow
Math: took a test
Geo: main points for Friday, prezis tomorrow
Science: none
Music: theory sheets for Friday
Vocab: pages 146-152 tomorrow

No comments: